Monday, May 15, 2017

Be Like Rick!




This is a set of pics from an article titled " 10 jobs that make you gain weight" Now, of course the sedentary positions many of us hold are a contributing factor to poorer health, creaky joints, weird muscle aches, bum knees, swollen ankles and tight/ill-fitting clothing, but... well, there are some really fit people in offices!
There are a plethora of reasons why I have gained so many lbs. in the last 3 years, AND A trip to the doctor solidifies that uncomfortable feeling in my body! But I must keep moving forward! I feel good about the days ahead, full of positive change and renewed perspective about it all! e'errrything. Stand by. My weekend was full, but refreshing in many ways. A lot of thoughts flashed through my head, in the midst of spending time with loved ones, new and old. Taking a drive down a forgotten road, couple with hours of laughter and hugs from old friends creates a unique sense of nostalgia, that gets the wheels a-turnin'.

A short conversation with a friend who is pursuing a new dream, women who were once in middle school, are getting married and having babies 3 and 4....

Feeling refreshed after working out in a way that challenges my oh-so-sedentary body! Realizing that what challenges my body these days is different from the challenges of months and years past. Understanding that I need to have loving patience with myself, but that said patience stems from a consistent,. intentional effort to move out of this hole of not-so-healthy life that I have fallen into. MY entire world needs to shift!

All of this to say...change gonna come. A little bit at a time, I have to fight for my quality of life. I have to fight the urge to self-sabotage, and eat all of the foodstuffs in front of me. ( I mean, ALL of the things go in my mouth, some days! it is so bad.)



There is a story in the Bible about a blind man who...well, why don't you just read it...in The Message version:

Even on the Sabbath

1-6 Soon another Feast came around and Jesus was back in Jerusalem. Near the Sheep Gate in Jerusalem there was a pool, in Hebrew called Bethesda, with five alcoves. Hundreds of sick people—blind, crippled, paralyzed—were in these alcoves. One man had been an invalid there for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him stretched out by the pool and knew how long he had been there, he said, “Do you want to get well?”
The sick man said, “Sir, when the water is stirred, I don’t have anybody to put me in the pool. By the time I get there, somebody else is already in.”
8-9 Jesus said, “Get up, take your bedroll, start walking.” The man was healed on the spot. He picked up his bedroll and walked off.
9-10 That day happened to be the Sabbath. The Jews stopped the healed man and said, “It’s the Sabbath. You can’t carry your bedroll around. It’s against the rules.”

---------------------------------------

Jesus was all, " Dude, do you even want to get well?"  I mean, bruh, you been sitting by this pool of healing for like, a million years... If I am going to heal you with my words #SonofGod  #supernaturalpower  I need to know that you really, actually are ready for change, that you want to live and walk in the healing that only I can give ( becasue my Father is God-Lord of Lords, creator of the universe) 

Then the guy was like, " Jesus, yes yes, let's do this! Right?

NOPE.


He was all, " Excuse, excuse, excuse, I'm scareeeddd, I don't know how to live life in a state of wellness. I don't know how to be well! Will I screw that up, too? 

Guess what? Instead of Jesus going all Batman/ Robin on the dude, he waits patiently and then when he has heard enough of this guy's lame ass excuses, he COMMANDS him to get up, and walk.


Yes! Now that is what I am talking about! So, guess who just took a look back at the story and realized that the excuse guy... we'll call him Broderick, or Rick for short, so Rick was jacked up for 38 YEARS! Do you know how old I am?

Like, my birthday just passed...

ha. ok, (This guy)

So, I just turned 38!  38, y'all!  ...and just like Rick, I live my life with excuses. I am so tired, it is true, and my iron and vitamin D levels are low, it is also true. I sit all day long, at a job I am at once grateful for, and exhausted by, I started this job as a fat girl,I eat all of the things, In order for me to be an intentional, on purpose mover, Most weekdays, I have to get up at dawn's beautiful butt crack, 4am. so, who doesn't want a morning nap instead of working out in a cold living room? (raises hand) Me. So, we start again. We drink the water at work, we focus our eating energies majorly on the foods that nourish this poor broke down body.Perhaps this week, this week before I travel to Canada, I begin a new journey, one that will take me to a place of healing.

Maybe, like Rick I can just pick up my mat and WALK! I can be confident that Jesus, the aforementioned Son of God and Healer extraordinaire, will use me as an instrument in my own healing process. There is brokenness in me that I want made whole. I can't keep this up, this not caring, this feeling lost in fatigue. I was made for more and more is waiting for me on the other side of surrender and dually, determination to NOT STAY HERE.

It is surely time to get up and walk into my healing! 




No comments:

Post a Comment