Thursday, August 1, 2013

Whole30 Program Day one

Today happens to be August first, but shhh... don't tell my brain.

I am on day one of a 30 day program...

I have cut out legumes, dairy, added sugars (NO, I CAN have fruit), grains., alcohol, white potatoes ( I love sweet potatoes),  carrageenan, MSG, sulfites, oh and worst of all... no tobacco...
 hahaha. ewwwww, just kidding. Me and cig. smoke do not like each other. It is gross.

So, this is mostly what I will be eating: real food – meat, seafood, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats from fruits, oils, nuts and seeds. Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re totally natural and unprocessed.

Seems like I won't be starving. :) I am looking forward to dinnertime, as the most filling thing I have consumed today is eggs ( cooked in coconut oil, sprinkled with nutritional yeast, spices.,herbs, & salt.) I also sautéed onions and minced garlic with those eggs. I made a smoothie of ice, frozen strawberries, 1 frozen and one really ripe banana and bit of wheatgrass powder, hemp seeds, flax seeds, oh and an orange. :) I also fried 1 ripe plaintain and ate that. I am looking forward to some meat and veggies later. :)

ugh, I am baking cookies for group tonight and taking hummus and chips ( no, I cannot eat the chips, OR the hummus-beans)

oh well. I guess I will just have to have something else! haha. My options feel limited, but I just have to plan accordingly.

Check out the deets on this program here: Whole30 Program Details

See you later.

1 comment:

  1. Hoping to break my sugar addiction during this time, so that I can enjoy it like regular people and stop using it for a high!

    ReplyDelete